but that's not really worth much.
Friday, May 30, 2008
but that's not really worth much.
Posted by life with the wisners at 10:12 AM
Monday, May 19, 2008
- walking or riding my bike to class
- eating a gyro (with lots of cucumber sauce) and drinking a cherry pepsi at zorba's with my one and only friend in grad school. you think i'm kidding. i'm not. seriously. i had ONE friend. and she reads this blog. angela -- what's up? oh, and the cherry pepsi. it's true. why i decided to stay there without dr. pepper on tap, i'll never know.
- getting ready to move to where i was going to do my clinical.
- dreaming about marrying the guy who sat in front of me at church. bless my heart. he didn't know i did more than exist, and really the only two things i knew about him were that he knew the Lord and that he drove a sweet explorer. clearly, i'm deep. and look for substance in a future husband.
4 things I was doing 5 years ago: (2003):
- working as a social worker in a women's hospital
- walking around with a little pregnant belly (2 mos. pregnant with big h) but having such a fun time shopping for maternity clothes. who knew i would grow to despise those maternity clothes?
- moving into our current house.
- pretending i was too pregnant to do any of the moving in. poor buz. i had him hook, line, and sinker.
- cuddled with the goo, who had a 102.8 fever.
- walked to the park with both of my kids and my husband (before knowing that goo had a 102.8 fever).
- planned my menu for the next two weeks. seriously. BY FAR the thing about being a wife and mom that i DETEST the most. but if i don't do it, we eat out every night and then don't have enough money to pay the electric bill.
- did three loads of laundry. probably the one thing i LOVE the most about being a mom and wife. other than vacuuming. if i could keep a clean house and have meals magically prepared just by doing laundry and vacuuming, i would be a much happier camper.
- grey's anatomy. though, i'm growing weary of the meredith/derek thing. rose? we don't need rose in this scene. we need meredith to grow in her therapy and realize that we NEED her with mcdreamy. there's a reason he's known as mcdreamy. hello, meredith? have you LOOKED at derek lately? (swoon)
- the office. again. i need. more. jim and pam. and i do NOT need lame cliffhanger season finales.
- bachelor. don't laugh. i know no one stays together. but i love it. and i LOVED matt and shayne. even though lorenzo lamas has had so much work done on his face that i didn't recognize him from his falcon crest days. when i watched that and trapper john, md. with my mom. after my bath. and after i practiced my spelling words.
- what not to wear. because somehow these people find it ok to think that NO MORE in their life will they wear t-shirts and jeans. not trouser jeans. just jeans. they convince you that everyday you must wear trousers or bermuda shorts, a nice shimmery cami, and a blazer. in texas. in the summer. whatever. they must live up north. oh, and buz will tell you. i only watch the first five minutes and the last five minutes. don't have the attention to watch the rest of the show.
- snuggle with big h in the morning when his toes are like ice cubes, and gooby isn't awake yet. and we watch fireman sam. and i use the word 'we' loosely. i may or may not have my eyes open during fireman sam.
- have date night with buz every saturday night. it looks like this: rent a movie. watch it in bed while eating take out, usually from pei wei where we order the same thing and have done so since big h was born. we're creatures of habit. (bff, i know you're chuckling.) and then we break out our soft drinks and snacks. (mine is always something sour and his is something chewy. but not chocolate for either of us. we're not really that big into chocolate. i know. gasp.)
- pick big h from school. i love his hug. i love the emotional reward. i'll admit it.
- hugging goo in the morning when she wakes up. she's a limp noodle and puts her head on your shoulder and is a warm as a morning biscuit. mmm...
i'm not tagging anyone. i don't play by the rules. i live on the edge.
and you know me. i can't post without some form of picture.
Posted by life with the wisners at 8:58 AM
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
don't mind me. i'm just hip. with my laptop and all. (for the record, i don't have a laptop. buz does. he's the cool one.)
speaking of buz, let's talk about His Awesomeness. it's mother's day, and guess where i am? at my parents' house. without my parents. translates: by myself. alone. no little people. no people, period.
basically, he said the other day, "hey, i can either buy you something or you can have the day off.'"
guess what i chose?
now, before you go judging me on the fact that i am not with my children on mother's day. know that buz knows me better than anyone, and he knows that for me to be a great mom, i need downtime. and downtime is quiet and full of solitude. it's something i don't have much of. i definitely have more than some. because buz recognizes the need for it.
last night, i went to a womens' event with one of my buddies. then, i headed to my parents' house. it just so happens that they are out of town seeing my brother. so instead of spending money on a hotel, i stayed at their house for the night. (and spent money at the Gap instead.)
this morning, i woke up at (gasp) NINE O'CLOCK. and that was to the sound of buz calling me.
and once i was ready to head out the door, i had a list. a LONG list of things to do. oh, how i heart a good to-do list. i know it doesn't sound relaxing to some. but to me? bliss. to walk in and out of a store? without strollers or car seat dramas. and not just one store. many stores. and the funny thing? i'm not necessarily a shopper. i just really, really like to run errands. i come by this naturally. (read: my mom's a professional errand runner and taught me everything i know.)
my destinations for today included but were not limited to: gap outlet, old navy, michael's, marshall's or tj maxx (whichever happens to be closer), container store, staples or office depot, and ikea.
i have goose bumps just writing it down.
i did everything i set out to do. and you know what? i came home early.
why wouldn't i?
i love being a mommy.
and p.s. i got presents from big h and the goo. hand-picked. goo got me a book about trucks in the shape of a truck. for us to read together at night. and big h got me a microphone. no idea. but he colored me a picture. of him, goo, and me. at the donut store. see why i came home early?
Posted by life with the wisners at 6:01 PM
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Posted by life with the wisners at 7:00 AM
Friday, May 09, 2008
not yet, anyway.
big's first baseball/t-ball game was last sunday. sunday was a very, very busy day. church in the morning. home for a while. back to church for mama's baptism. and then off to a baseball game.
on a dirt field. not a grass one.
with a baseball cap on. not a helmet.
with a blue shirt that matched everyone else's. not his t-shirt of choice.
can you see where this is going? please tell me you can see where this is going.
basically dad had to bribe him with a horn for his bike if he played. if he played, people. clearly, some of the enthusiasm was gone.
he was so NOT in the game at all. he was up to bat. hit the ball. ran the bases. and when it was time to field? well, he played with dirt. or caught butterflies. or got into four-year-old arguments with another player. on his own team. while the game was going on.
tomorrow is another game. Lord help us. goo and i are staying home for this one.
|Make a Smilebox slideshow|
Posted by life with the wisners at 7:24 PM
so...i don't mind when people think i'm younger than i really am. in fact, i'm flattered. most get annoyed when they get "carded" at a restaurant.
not me. card me any day.
today, however, might just take the cake.
goo asleep. hear a knock at the door. in my illinois t-shirt from ten years ago. my yoga pants. and a baseball cap.
go to the door. a guy in a truck out soliciting work to trim trees and clean gutters.
tree guy: "uh, ma'am. you need your trucks cut?"
me: "excuse me?" (he didn't have the most eloquent of accents.)
tree guy: "your trees. need 'em cut?"
me: (playing the 'i just want to go take my shower and read blogs and my latest copy of real simple while having an apple with peanut butter' card) "i have no idea."
tree guy: "oh. you the babysitter?"
Dear Tree Guy,
You have no idea how you just made my day. Thank you. And no, we do not need our trees trimmed. But feel free to stop by any time.
Posted by life with the wisners at 9:22 AM
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Posted by life with the wisners at 7:10 PM
Monday, May 05, 2008
seven years ago today i said i do to the most amazing guy. oh, you know who i'm talking about.
- cinco de mayo for a reason. so he wouldn't forget. oh, i kid. but really. smart, huh?
- i had lot-a-burger for lunch. with french fries. and possibly the largest dr. pepper you have ever seen. with my best friend. big occasion calls for fine cuisine.
- i have never had so much fun putting on makeup. anyone who knows me is laughing out loud right now. because, well, i don't actually wear makeup. so i had my best friend put it on. clearly, she had a lot of responsibility that day.
- my flower girl and i walked down the aisle at the same time. not on purpose. saved buz from the typical groom's tears, though.
- i high-fived my dad on the way back down the aisle once we were married. and my dad is so not the high-five type.
- the top layer of our wedding cake fell off. i didn't know about it.
- the first song for everyone to dance to (after all the "required" dances) was christina aguilera's genie in a bottle. i know. nice. klassy with a K. all about family friendly. (seven years later, and buz is still talking about it.)
- buz and i took a month and a half of dance lessons before we danced to "our song." buz was very serious about making this the best it could be. he's a concentrator. and when the song started, it was the dance remix version of the song. seriously. note to self: make a note to future brides to let the DJ know that no dance remixes allowed at a wedding reception. who knew there was such a thing? not buz. not me.
- when buz and his mom (aka ms. wiz) did "their" dance, his dad (who i am madly in love with) and i went out in the middle of the song and cut a rug. he is so frank sinatra, and the two of us were kind of showing them up. we still joke about it. well, i mean, dick and i still joke about it. :)
- i had my garter made. out of green bay packer fabric.
- we had to get our photographer out of the buffet line to take our outdoor pictures.
Posted by life with the wisners at 9:59 AM
Friday, May 02, 2008
and now….big H.
apparently, the roster is out for this sunday's game. and little man is going to be guarding second base.
or chasing butterflies.
will report back to you.
(and for the record, other than buz and big h, i have never even heard of the above mentioned names. shhh...don't tell buz.)
Posted by life with the wisners at 10:37 AM