Saturday, September 30, 2006
Posted by life with the wisners at 8:27 PM
Friday, September 29, 2006
i didn't forget to include the link to the pictures weentrab took. i tried, and the server was down last night. but here it is...enjoy!
Posted by life with the wisners at 6:23 AM
Thursday, September 28, 2006
all things greta. my daughter is an amazing little person. and sometimes i feel like she gets the shaft around here. so i thought i would offer up a tribute to her tonight.
- girl went to sleep 2 nights ago at 8:40, and i had to wake her up the next morning at 8:30. i mean, are you serious? (those of you with small children, i hope i didn't offend you by making you jealous. however, she did wake up last night at 1:30, just to keep us on our toes.)
- even though she does wear mostly pink these days, she is ok with the occasional hand-me-down from her brother (i.e. t-shirt, running pants, and thorlo socks).
- she also is totally fine with the fact that all of her pajamas are blue (don't want to spend $ on clothes no one will ever see her in).
- she poops the MINUTE we put a new diaper on
- the only time she seems to not cry when she's being held by buz is when he is most uncomfortable (walking around the house in awkward positions). she can be dead asleep until you sit down. we KNOW she senses that you've finally gotten comfortable. little stinker.
- buz thinks she only cries when i leave the house. (not true, but we'll let him believe that it's our little secret.) :)
- i've been so anxious about her feeding (she has had some major breastfeeding issues). i took her to her 2-month well check-up, and i was praying so hard that the Lord would give me some kind of sign that she was doing better. buz and i took bets on her weight. he said she would be at 12#8, and i said 12#2. the chubster weighed in at THIRTEEN FREAKING POUNDS!!! way to go, hoss!
- also, at her 2-month check-up, she had to get 4 shots, 2 in each leg. she basically cried really loud for approximately 6 1/2 seconds, and then just grabbed my neck and kind of whimpered. hoss!
- she's 2 months old, and she hasn't had to see a GI specialist yet. and we haven't lived everyday at Medical City of Dallas.
- every wednesday morning since she was 5 weeks old, we have been going to bible study at our church. i feel like she is too young to be taken to the nursery. so i feed her beforehand, and then she just gets passed around from grandmother to grandmother. she eats it up.
- last week, henry and i got "into it." (never good. battle of the wills is a scary thing around our house.) she stayed in her bouncy that she really doesn't seem to like right now because it's fleece, and she sweats a lot (just like her mom). but she remained calm in her very hot bouncy seat and waited until henry and i were done "resolving" our issues. she's like, "you guys just wake me when you're finished."
- it's cute (?) that all of her hair has been preserved in her crib. buz keeps telling her, "greta, yours will grow back. i promise. yours will grow back."
- she succumbs to henry's "gentle loving." he likes to "kiss" her which really means suffocate her by holding his open mouth over her open mouth in what looks like an extremely romantic moment. he also likes to "hug" her which means lay on one of her extremities until it goes numb.
- i'm not sure she's ever blinked because she has such alert eyes. doesn't want to miss a thing.
- the only person she'll lean up against without crying is henry? how is that so?
- she is ok with henry being the one to "wake" her up. that means climb up her crib and talk really loudly into her bed. and with the inflection that only henry can use, he asks, "baby, you have a good nap? huh? it's me! ah-nee (aka henry). and i brought my ding (aka eggo)! you get up and watch broo croos with mommy and ah-nee? huh?" i mean, God love him. and she just puts up with it. i mean, is she thinking "i really don't like blues clues, and i don't really care about what he's having for breakfast. but it's easier not saying anything right now."
- you know once she can talk, she will be the only one to put henry in his place. we long for that day. we think she's going to turn into a know-it-all, and we think that will be a welcomed asset to our family. she'll talk henry into anything. don't tell him any of this.
- she has resorted to the fact that most of her 9-week life has been in the carseat. and she just goes along with it.
- for some reason, she REALLY does NOT like baths. she loves the bath itself. it's the getting out that she lets the neighbors know about. yikes!
- and finally, she smiles! a LOT! bless you, Greta!
(could she look any more unhappy?)
(yes, these have helicopters and airplanes on them. the other ones in the rotation have firetrucks. she doesn't fight it.)
(the infamous bouncy seat)
("help! someone get him off of me!")
so see some of the handiwork of my buddy weentrab, here are some pictures from when we were expecting greta and when we came home. weentrab, you are my hero! my hats off to you! thank you!
Posted by life with the wisners at 8:30 PM
Sunday, September 24, 2006
i'm hooked. i have fallen madly, deeply in love with someone...greta ellen, you have captured my heart. i got a smile today. we're not just talking a little bit of a crooked mouth. a full blown SMILE! she is the most beautiful girl i have ever seen! it was just the two of us. and what a moment. buz had taken orders from "the boss" (aka big h) to take his (yes dad's) nap in henry's bed. mind you -- henry has a bunkbed. it's pretty difficult to get into his bed to take a nap. but if henry says so...
what an amazing weekend. yesterday, buz went in to work in the morning to get some things done. henry, greta, and i dilly-dallied around the house. we went to our buddy andrew's birthday party, where henry did awesome. i comment on how he "did" because some of you might know that we sometimes fear how henry will handle social situations. :) he's not too keen on sharing yet. and when he melts down, people in neighboring states can hear. so we go places praying that God grants us (and the others around us) peace. he was a total champ. sometimes i just look him and laugh. he is my sunshine. he had a lot of fun, and greta was the life of the party, as usual. then, we came home and attempted to take naps but were unsuccessful. again...unfortunate for all. we headed to big denton, texas to see nana and papa (aka ace and nance) as well as see where they're going to live! so much fun! now, they're not moving for at least a year to maybe a year and a half. but fun to start thinking about. we got to their hotel room, and henry was pumped to give a little sugar to papa and got some tickling from nana. and the piece de resistance...nana and papa brought henry toy story 2 (aka buz woody and horsey show). we walked around and looked at the place, which was very nice. we had dinner at the clubhouse. greta was a champ sitting on dad's lap just enjoying the sights. henry was a trooper, eating a ton of his grilled cheese (but more of his french fries and ketchup). we played outside where there was a beautiful waterfall that big h was mesmerized by. greta didn't care so much for her trip home, but once she got home, got something to eat, and got put in her bed, she was much happier in la-la land. henry was asleep before baby tad (his 6-minute singing frog) finished his songs. and buz and i got to finally watch the season of grey's anatomy. the joy of tv watching once kiddos are asleep. today, we did something we don't normally do -- we skipped church. not on purpose. but big h didn't wake up until 8:30 (that's enough to praise the LORD!), and greta wasn't up yet. :) so we had pancakes and went to a park to play.
Posted by life with the wisners at 8:17 PM
Friday, September 22, 2006
Posted by life with the wisners at 8:35 PM
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Posted by life with the wisners at 8:04 PM
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
so, tonight i sit at the computer while my 36-year-old husband plays NCAA football on his playstation 2. and i am moved. moved by the amount of love i have for my family. first of all, after dealing with brad's heart attack 4 weeks ago, i don't take a day with him for granted. how blessed i am to be roommates with my very best friend! then, there's big h. i know some of you reading right now are wondering what in the world i am going to say about my little man. my buttons are popping with joy. he is the most amazing little boy. the things that come out of my mouth blow me away. (clearly, today was a good day.) and then let's get to greta. could anyone other than God alone have created something/someone more perfect?
today, brad had an upper GI (i mean, the guy is acting like he's 85 years old these days). so he was going to be home the rest of the day. not only does that make me happy, it THRILLS my little boy. some days i can't imagine what it must be like to be brad. to have henry scream at the top of his lungs, "DADDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEE!" and run as fast as he can to the back door and jump in my arms and kiss me. gosh, it was so fun to have him home today. we got a lot of good playing done outside. (because it wasn't 624 degrees outside for the first time in about 6 months.) greta came too. (of course she did.)
henry, greta, and i headed to church this morning for bible study. we (greta and i) are studying "breaking free" by beth moore. of course, we had to stop at whataburger on the way to get "sunsee uh-tee-os." (that's henry language for crunchy potatoes or hashbrown sticks. extremely nutritional.) greta got passed around from lady to lady. she loved every minute of it, and i would bet the ladies enjoyed it too. i picked henry up from "the nursery," where he got to play with miss gina and miss polly, who think the world of him. i try not to use the word nursery because he's not a baby anymore, so he says.
we came home and none of us took naps. unfortunate for all. henry's speech therapist came over and loved on him a LOT!!! ashley, he LOVES you! we had dinner, and somehow (?), we had both kids in bed AND asleep by 8:00 tonight. and now i'm getting a chance to just sit here and realize how wonderful my life is.
tonight, before henry and i talked to jesus, he started singing, "deep and wide, deep and wide" and "joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart..." i'm sorry -- is my 2-year-old singing bible songs? again...my life couldn't be any better?
i didn't post a picture tonight because i actually have a chance to go hang out with my best friend for a while before going to bed (aka brad)
Posted by life with the wisners at 7:06 PM