Thursday, July 23, 2009
Posted by life with the wisners at 7:54 PM
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
i told you earlier how much fun my kiddos had at the little amusement park we went to in my hometown. see for yourself...
they had to stop this ride because big h said, "mama, i am not feeling as good as i'd like."
Posted by life with the wisners at 7:43 PM
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Posted by life with the wisners at 7:36 PM
Monday, July 20, 2009
warning: this is long. as usual. would you expect anything different? :)
(oh, and the beginning? yeah, that's big h singing the princess song to goo when she put on her cinderella dress. that kid ADORES his sister.)
and the letter to my daughter? oh, it's coming. but you know, i'm not brief.
Posted by life with the wisners at 12:16 PM
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
so i was dusting off the proverbial back burner tonight, and what do you know?
there was a blog there.
same 'ole, same 'ole. i want my blog to be updated. but don't want to be the one to do it. mainly because i don't like sitting on the opposite side of the room from buz in a chair at a computer. and so i don't. and so our little family's life isn't getting documented. i'm taking pictures. and taking video every so often. not as much as i would like. but doing my best. sometimes it just gets overwhelming, you know?
anyway...hi. how are you?
we're going to get right to it. all the things on my mind right now.
- my "bff" had her third kid. and i couldn't be more excited. and big h and goo came with me to go see her. and they got to hold her. and my ovaries? well, let's just say it was fun to see my kiddos excited about a little baby. there. (no, mom and ms. wiz. we aren't pr*gnant. we're not trying. period. don't let your thoughts get away from you.)
- my mom and i took big h and goo to my hometown to visit a amusement park for preschool/grade school-age children. they had a BLAST. we stayed at a hotel for two nights, which was exciting enough. we had pizza. we had snow cones. we had ice cream. it was so much fun. buz had a great time being at home without us. well, i mean, not that he had fun without us. but he had fun without us. am i still talking?
- next week, some of my photography buddies are coming into town for a all-girl sleepover/seminar/Christ-centered retreat. seriously? i couldn't be more excited.
- swimming lessons were several weeks ago. kerry...we really need to hook up, so you can brag on your daughter, and i can brag on my son. big h kicked butt and took names. i mean, he's no fish in the water. but considering several years ago i was thirty-six weeks pregnant with goo and we were taking "mommy and me" classes, and big h got IN THE WATER on day 6 of eight days. nice. he sat on the side of the pool pouting and pitching massive fits while eating teddy grahams. while i, the whale, got in the water and walked around. i figured i might as well at least get some exercise, right? this year? he rocked it. i couldn't be more excited for him. he likes the water. he still has fears, but he has come so far. and goo? well, she's the goo. i love her. but she may not be michael phelps. course, she's a girl, so she'll never really be a michael phelps. but you know what i mean. at least she likes to get in the water. but she likes to splash mainly. the fact that she fell in the water the and i dove in with my clothes on the day before swim lessons actually started may have had something to do with her resistance. you think?
- goo and big h are taking gymnastics this summer. that's the only thing they are doing that has any structure. well, other than swim lessons. big h has taken this little tumbling class since i was pregnant with goo. i love it. i love the teacher. and he LOVES it. loves running and jumping and swinging. and this year, goo is taking it. and as i "tweeted" this morning, "I love watching goo at gymnastics. She might be the most uncoordinated person I know. She just fell off the bar. I love that girl to pieces." enough said. she's not dainty or delicate. yet.
- in two weeks, i'm going on vacation. with my parents, my hubby, and my two kiddos. on an airplane. to go to my cousin's wedding. big h and goo are going to look cute. we don't do this often. most of our friends are already married. we're kind of out of wedding season. we're in "visit friends in the hospital after their baby is born" season. so this is fun. and big h is OVER THE TOP EXCITED about the plane ride. goo? well, she's the goo. she doesn't get excited about much. :)
- speaking of goo. have i mentioned how much i love that girl? boy, she pushes my buttons these days. but then, she says something sweet, and i'm mush. ooey, gooey mush. she turns three in ten days. TEN DAYS, PEOPLE. how did this happen? don't worry. i'll write her a mushy letter and let you read it. and i'll probably make a sappy slide show set to music that will make you cry. i love doing that.
- and big h? he's one incredible kid. today, he said, "mama, you're just fun. you're like a big, really HUGE toy." (i loved the emphasis on 'really huge.' the two of them keep me humble.) and then he went on to say i'm so cool that i'm like a human robot mommy that they can play with everyday, anytime they want to. and so because i AM that cool, i started talking in robot voice, "I AM A MOMMY. TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER." it's sad. i really should get out more often.
- today, i got my hair cut for the first time since LAST memorial day. yes, you read that right. over a YEAR. it was so nice to sit in a chair for a long time and not say a word.
i think that's about it for tonight. looks like i'll be back in a couple of weeks.
these videos are for grandma, grandpa, nana, and papa. and anyone that is actually interested.
goo's swimming instructor, rachel.
big h's swimming instructor, alexander.
evidence of how much goo loves the summer heat. yeah, about as much as mama.
Posted by life with the wisners at 6:45 PM