a meme? what's that, you ask?
i have no idea.
(prepare yourself. i'm about to get all technical and stuff.)
apparently, i answer the same questions the person who "tagged" me answered.
i'm laughing as i write this out.
i'm also laughing at the whole concept of twitter. but that's another story. seriously. between twitter and facebook and blogging and texting. when do you people accomplish anything? or let your legs and bottom heal from all the decubitus that has occurred from all the sitting? at your computer? and how do you not wreck your car from all the things you're doing on your phone? besides, you know, TALKING?
whew. got that off my chest.
i know. i'm old. and nerdy. and not very high-tech. with my desktop and my cell phone that doesn't do anything other than call people. and fit nicely in my back pocket. and doesn't require a leather carrying case.
seriously. i have issues.
anyway. the meme.
colored with memories "tagged" me, and i decided to be a good sport.
4 things i was doing 10 years ago (1998):
- walking or riding my bike to class
- eating a gyro (with lots of cucumber sauce) and drinking a cherry pepsi at zorba's with my one and only friend in grad school. you think i'm kidding. i'm not. seriously. i had ONE friend. and she reads this blog. angela -- what's up? oh, and the cherry pepsi. it's true. why i decided to stay there without dr. pepper on tap, i'll never know.
- getting ready to move to where i was going to do my clinical.
- dreaming about marrying the guy who sat in front of me at church. bless my heart. he didn't know i did more than exist, and really the only two things i knew about him were that he knew the Lord and that he drove a sweet explorer. clearly, i'm deep. and look for substance in a future husband.
4 things I was doing 5 years ago: (2003):
- working as a social worker in a women's hospital
- walking around with a little pregnant belly (2 mos. pregnant with big h) but having such a fun time shopping for maternity clothes. who knew i would grow to despise those maternity clothes?
- moving into our current house.
- pretending i was too pregnant to do any of the moving in. poor buz. i had him hook, line, and sinker.
4 things I did yesterday:
- cuddled with the goo, who had a 102.8 fever.
- walked to the park with both of my kids and my husband (before knowing that goo had a 102.8 fever).
- planned my menu for the next two weeks. seriously. BY FAR the thing about being a wife and mom that i DETEST the most. but if i don't do it, we eat out every night and then don't have enough money to pay the electric bill.
- did three loads of laundry. probably the one thing i LOVE the most about being a mom and wife. other than vacuuming. if i could keep a clean house and have meals magically prepared just by doing laundry and vacuuming, i would be a much happier camper.
4 shows I love to watch:
- grey's anatomy. though, i'm growing weary of the meredith/derek thing. rose? we don't need rose in this scene. we need meredith to grow in her therapy and realize that we NEED her with mcdreamy. there's a reason he's known as mcdreamy. hello, meredith? have you LOOKED at derek lately? (swoon)
- the office. again. i need. more. jim and pam. and i do NOT need lame cliffhanger season finales.
- bachelor. don't laugh. i know no one stays together. but i love it. and i LOVED matt and shayne. even though lorenzo lamas has had so much work done on his face that i didn't recognize him from his falcon crest days. when i watched that and trapper john, md. with my mom. after my bath. and after i practiced my spelling words.
- what not to wear. because somehow these people find it ok to think that NO MORE in their life will they wear t-shirts and jeans. not trouser jeans. just jeans. they convince you that everyday you must wear trousers or bermuda shorts, a nice shimmery cami, and a blazer. in texas. in the summer. whatever. they must live up north. oh, and buz will tell you. i only watch the first five minutes and the last five minutes. don't have the attention to watch the rest of the show.
4 things I love to do:
- snuggle with big h in the morning when his toes are like ice cubes, and gooby isn't awake yet. and we watch fireman sam. and i use the word 'we' loosely. i may or may not have my eyes open during fireman sam.
- have date night with buz every saturday night. it looks like this: rent a movie. watch it in bed while eating take out, usually from pei wei where we order the same thing and have done so since big h was born. we're creatures of habit. (bff, i know you're chuckling.) and then we break out our soft drinks and snacks. (mine is always something sour and his is something chewy. but not chocolate for either of us. we're not really that big into chocolate. i know. gasp.)
- pick big h from school. i love his hug. i love the emotional reward. i'll admit it.
- hugging goo in the morning when she wakes up. she's a limp noodle and puts her head on your shoulder and is a warm as a morning biscuit. mmm...
i'm not tagging anyone. i don't play by the rules. i live on the edge.
and you know me. i can't post without some form of picture.