my in-laws need your prayers.
if you've been reading for any amount of time, you know how dearly i love my in-laws. they would literally do ANYTHING for me. they love me with everything they have. and make sure i know it every chance they get.
so today, i am asking for your prayers for them.
they run a very quaint and warm bed and breakfast in a little resort town called ruidoso, new mexico. this morning they called to let us know that the town was flooding. quickly.
feel free to type in ruidoso flooding on youtube. or google ruidoso flooding.
it's serious. the bridge that connects them to the rest of the town was washed away this morning. meaning my in-laws cannot leave their home.
and their two-unit bed and breakfast? is occupied with guests.
so please pray. honestly, i don't know what to ask for specifically. but here are some of my immediate thoughts.
- their peace of mind. i have NO idea what they must be thinking or feeling. i mean, we've talked to them. but i am just praying that God would give them the discernment to know what the best thing to do is.
- supplies. between the two of them and the two different sets of guests, they have fourteen water bottles. but they do not have running water. this is clearly a need.
- food. i don't know what non-perishable food they are stocked with at this point.
- for their guests. don't know what to say about this. just pray for them. remember -- these two sets of people are on vacation.
- safety. that when it is vital that they leave their home just to go get basic necessities, there will be a way. remember. there are several bridges that they cross to get into town. the first one they come to was washed away this morning.
honestly, i can't think of anything else specifically. but please pray. i know that there are people that read this blog that know the Lord. please include them in your prayers. i am confident God will carry them through this. but right now? is scary with a whole lot of unknown. thank you from them. and thank you from me.