Wednesday, September 24, 2008

at the bottom of the priority list

which is where blogging has fallen.


that's not to say that i haven't been ON the computer. i'm just too busy reading all of your blogs. sheesh. you people have a lot going on these days.


and in the spirit of channelling my inner simple mom, today i plan on getting stuff out of my brain.


you know the drill. go grab something caffeinated. it's possible this could be long.


  • goo got a haircut. she didn't really need one. however, her baby mullet had become too distinguished. no one has noticed. even i don't really notice a difference. except right out of the bath. i would love to be able to describe what goo's stylist initially tried to do to her hair. oh. my. we opted against her wishes and she was excited to do pigtails in goo's hair. goo ended up with the lovely inside out ponytail. she was enthusiastic as usual.




  • big h got one too. i don't like it. i like his long, shaggy hair. but such is life.


  • as i sunk into the couch this morning with my coffee and creamer, i turned on the today show. first of all, i have NEVER not had something to do when at least one of my children is in school. i am a to do list girl. an errand girl. a pick-up-my-house girl. i like to relax. but never do i sit and watch tv during the middle of the day. but this morning? well, i had a bit of a "tummy ache." you're with me, right? and so. i made the decision. the decision to do nothing today. and i didn't feel the least bit guilty about it. and as for the today show? i haven't watched this show since big h was about six weeks old, and i had nothing else to do while nursing. and i was already tired of a wedding story, an engagement story, or baby story on TLC. i was getting ready to watch me some hoda kotb (whose name frustrates the he-- out of buz) and kathie lee (deep breath). and then i got a phone call. the phone call. you know the one i'm talking about. the one from school. surprisingly, i've only received this call ONCE since big h started back in 2005. once. last year. because big h complained of a tummy ache. only, i figured out later that he had eaten his lunch too fast. because it was "too good." not a bad thing, i guess. anyway. they said goo had a runny nose and a fever of 99.8. (deep breath.) so i got out from under the covers, put my shoes on, poured my coffee in a to-go cup and headed out the door to get my angel. when i arrived, she was in the office. sweet goo. i carried her to the car. we played for a while and i decided to give her an early lunch and put her down. she ate her entire lunch, which was HUGE for my little punkin' and then i put poor sick girl down. and poor sick girl decided she was feeling so much better and proceeded to stay awake and read books and play with baby tad for about forty-five minutes. and only slept for about forty-five more minutes.

  • monday. went to pick up big h from school. talking to kelly and listening to her baby coo (or cry at a high pitch) on the phone. turn into the parking lot and instantly realize that all is not right with the car. flat freaking tire. nice. and you know when you're a parent of toddlers, all of your common sense or intelligence literally goes out the window? i was paralyzed with indecision. for the life of me, i couldn't think of what to do. i called the school to let them we'd be a little late. (even though it happened in the parking lot. thank the Lord.) goo and i walk to the completely other side of the church. and i kid you not. within two minutes, i had five different people telling me they'd watch big h and the goo at the playground while i took care of things. and within one more minute, i had one of the ladies in the front office letting me know that there was a guy at church waiting for me at my car, ready to change my tire. what? he changed my tire. my kids were taken care of. and i went home feeling so blessed.

  • the office and grey's anatomy starts tomorrow. period. and clearly, i am not the only one who knows this information.

  • and big h? well, his social circuit has begun. the kid has freaking THREE birthday parties this weekend. seriously? he's FOUR.

i think that's about it. this post has taken me most of the day. and i can't imagine how boring it's gotten.

so i'm looking out for you. i'm turning in. and off to watch david blaine. freak of nature, really.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, your posts have so much going on I can't comment without going on and on and on as though it's my blog (oh...there I go...)
So I'll just say "hi! and good to hear from you :-)"

(and hello 10 year old Big H!)

windyday said...

Thanks for your sweet comments!!! Let me set the record straight. I never said I was not drinking DP. I said I was trying! :) Really I am trying!

Love your new look. We too have 3 birthday parties to attend this weekend... Those winter months most do something to a couple! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, you have so much going on! I am right there with you on vegging in front of the TV sometimes. A girl just needs to slow down every once in a while.

And the new look is fabulous!

And last but not least - your kids are simply adorable!

Anonymous said...

How cute is your new blog design??

(so cute.)

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Oh, for heaven's sake. That picture of goo on your header is so fantastic. I got a new camera for my birthday. It's a little more sophisticated than I'm used to....maybe I need to get some pointers from you. LOVE IT.

And the kids look so cute with their new "dos". I've got to learn how to do Charlotte's hair like goo's. And Big H....oh, I love a little boy with man hair.

Anonymous said...

you and your fancy schmancy header and background. shaming the designer with her head hung low. SO cute!

Rachel H said...

You don't know me. I'm a friend of Chrys's. And I am a stalker. I L.O.V.E. your blog! Even now, when the whole fam is struck down with a horrible tummy bug AND colds, I still can muster up a giggle at your blog. Just thought I'd let you know that you make this stalker laugh.

Alana said...

I have the same problem! I read so many blogs, I have no time to write any of my own!

Okay, this design? So, stinking cute! I really need a redo on mine. But back to you. This is so you. I've only met you once and know you through the blog...but seriously. SO YOU. Love it.

Hope you and Goo are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

We love Cool Cuts! They did a good job on both your kids.