we had a long day today.
actually, yesterday was a long day as well. for other reasons. two little reasons under the age of four and a half that made me want to "call in sick."
didn't happen. but i can't say i treated the day with a positive attitude and a go get 'em spirit.
i'm not proud of myself.
anyhoo...there are some things that have been swirling in my head that i didn't want to forget (as this is my little scrapbook of sorts).
- goo likes meat loaf from boston market. i know.
- big h started a tumbling class today. he did it last summer and LOVED it, so we decided it would be our one "thing" for the summer. other than the second mortgage swim lessons, of course. and let me tell you, big h freaking ROCKS at gymnastics. say what you will about me being a bragging mom. i'm ok with that. he freaking rocks. he loves it. and is great at it.
- the place where he takes this gymnastics class? it's not air-conditioned. *deep breath* seriously. it's not air-conditioned. one whole side of the building has those garage door type doors that she opens. but oh dear. goo and i might be in over our heads. speaking of goo's sweet little head. it was as wet as when she's done with her bath. she was a sight. (so was i.)
- what about baseball, you might ask? yeah, not so much. "we" still go because we're teaching big h about "stick-to-it-ive-ness." (did i make up that word? maybe. i won't take credit for it if i didn't. but i sure as heck won't acknowledge its misspelling. oh how i love a correctly spelled word.) but he goes. he has a good attitude. he doesn't pitch a fit about it. he's nice to the players. but the dirt? much more interesting than the ball. so much so that he actually got pegged in the head because he wasn't paying any attention. poor guy. no head trauma, though.
- kelly called and left a message on my voicemail that it was snowing where she lives. seriously. i mean, i'm having to buy new face soap because of the oil on my skin from the HEAT. the ninety-seven degree heat. i know boomama says she doesn't like to talk about the heat. but i'm here to tell you -- i don't mind. it's texas. it's blistering hot here. and i will talk about it a LOT these next couple of months. oh yes i will.
- have i mentioned that i am going on vacation with JUST BUZ one week from today? i haven't? well, i'm going on vacation with JUST BUZ in one week. to florida. i know. where it's hot. but hot with a pool and no activities other than an occasional chapter in a book. i can handle that. not a beach. i wish. i'm just tagging along while he's at a conference. so big h and the goo are going to camp nana. and thanks to cute sunni over at the flying mum, i've put together little gift bags for each day we're gone. buz leaves sunday morning, and i leave tuesday morning. and we both come back friday night. four gift bags for each of them. and i only spent a total of twenty-four dollars. i'm so frugal.
- went to target with big h and the goo. to buy fathers' day cards. here are the fathers we're celebrating around here: my dad. my husband. and my father-in-law. and without giving away any secrets or anything, the total of my bill for JUST CARDS was twenty-four dollars and eighty-six cents!!!!! are you freaking kidding me? is it wrong to take them back and make cards for these men? and since my dad RARELY reads my blog, anyone got anyone ideas for a fathers' day gift for a dad who is retired, has too much stuff, and doesn't golf or have an ipod?
- the two swimsuits that i ordered came in the mail today. oh dear God. just one more reason i love winter so much. will be returning one of them. and the cute cover up that i ordered kind of makes up for the actual suit itself.
- after bath time the other night, i i took big h to old navy. i wanted it to be a special little trip for the two of us. out late. just mama and boy. we went to buy him a swim suit. there is a pet smart next to the old navy. when we came out of old navy with swim suit in hand, big h looked over at pet smart and said, "before we go home, can we run in and get a pet?" uh huh. and then after that, we'll stop at the saab dealer and pick up a little something for mama. bless his heart.
- we went to the pool this past weekend. just to get our feet wet. (sorry. bad joke.) just to let big h show off. and his idea of "going under" is well, a little different than my idea. i'm just sayin'. but honestly, the day was a great time. i had one minor concern. that goo wouldn't keep her ear plugs in. she doesn't keep 'em in in the bathtub. what made me think she would at the pool? my kids? champs. both of them kept them in and had a great time. big h has even asked to go back. this is huge, people.
- goo wears a size FIVE diaper and a size three in clothes now. good grief. hoss.
- right now, goo likes blueberries, yogos, cherry icees at target, and shoes. attagirl. oh, and she is MADLY in love with big h. madly. and she gives the world's tightest hug. i'm serious.
- right now, big h likes frito chili pie without the chili, rash guards (aka swim shirts) for the pool, and word world. and goo? adores the girl. i pity the first guy to take goo on a date. between buz and big h? he won't stand a chance.
- right now, dad likes khaki pants, coke with lime, and the nba finals, even though he despises the lakers.
- right now, i like dr. pepper (shocker), denim skirts with t-shirts, the feet of both of my children, and nap time.
and that is all for tonight.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.
trying something different. wasn't down with the dorky hallmark music. frankly, i'm lazy these days to post a bunch of pictures.