- potty training has actually been fun. don't quote me on that, and honestly, i can't believe i just said it out loud. and i sure don't want big h to know. because for posterity's sake, don't think i'm not totally going to embellish every story to make it sound so much worse. but i want the world to know. i am so glad i waited so long. big h is ready. and he is loving it. we ate at schlotzsky's with some friends today after coming down the slide like farm animals. i was busy helping the goo with something, and my bff took her kid and big h to the bathroom. when he returned from the restroom, he said as loud as he could, "MAMA! GUESS WHAT I PUT IN THE POTTY? POOP! I PUT POOP IN THE POTTY!" couldn't help but smile.
- this is a tribute to my two buddies who were once sandwich artists at subway. jill, my roommate from college, and marina, big h's best friend cj's mommy. they were sandwich artists, when sandwich making really was an art. (and don't get me started about how marina actually went to a sandwich making conference. and if my memory serves me correctly, i believe she may have won an award. i am in awe, people.) i don't want to offend anyone who currently works at subway. but here's my question: what is the deal with not cutting the "V" in the bread anymore? why do they just cut it in half? wasn't part of the specialty of subway the "V?" i miss the V. anyone else miss the V?
- um, my daughter turns ONE this friday?????? period.
- my nephew is coming next thursday.
- my best friend lives up north. and when i say north, i mean, she has to have a passport to go to her nearest grocery store. and she probably jokes that i live so far south that i need a passport to get to my local grocery store. oh, how i wish we lived in the same vicinity. no such luck. any way. let me just say, for the record, that i must apologize to those of you reading. it was actually hotter there today than it was here. and mind you, these people do NOT have air conditioners. they went to home depot to get a little a/c unit, and they were out. because they only had 14 to begin with. my apologies for complaining and whining.
and you know me...always have to share life through pictures...
if you look closely, you will see him making a fish face with his mouth. that is his "holding my breath face."
no caption necessary.
and i can't think of any place they would rather be than with each other...