so big h has begun telling jokes. actually, he's been telling them for a while. but it seems that it's becoming a daily ritual these days. and typically we tell the same three knock knock jokes. and everyone laughs. which, really, is sad. because they're not funny. and after the token three have been told, the three of us start losing it and telling jokes that really aren't jokes at all.
the three token ones are:
- knock knock. who's there? who. who who? hey, i didn't know there was an owl in here. (laughing begins)
- knock knock. who's there? boo. boo who? oh, don't be sad. it's just a joke. (more laughing)
- knock knock. banana. banana who? knock knock. who's there? banana. banana who? knock knock. who's there? orange. orange who? orange you glad i didn't say banana again? (and we're hyperventilating from all the humor)
then, the jokes that aren't really jokes:
- knock knock. who's there? goo. goo who? goo had dinner tonight. (ha ha ha ha ha. wait, what? that doesn't make any sense.)
- knock knock. who's there? daddy. daddy who? daddy is funny. (ha ha ha ha ha. huh? are these jokes?)
- knock knock. who's there? car. car who? we ride in a car. (ha ha ha ha ha. ok. i'm sorry, but is this going to be over anytime soon? it's painful.)
the other night, goo had had enough listening to these. so she tried to tell her own. bless her heart. i think she might have told the punch line a little early.